How to Whitelist an Email in Gmail
If you’re using Gmail as your email provider, it’s easy to set things up so that a given sender is whitelisted for all future communications. The Gmail whitelist process can be done quickly through the web client:
1. Click the settings button (in the top-right corner of the screen), then select “Settings” from the resulting drop-down menu.
2. Navigate to the tab labeled “Filtered and Blocked Addresses” to access information about your existing filters.
3. Select “Create a new filter” and enter the emails or domains you want to whitelist.
To whitelist a single email address, for example, type the entire address. On the other hand, if you’re trying to whitelist every sender from a certain domain, type the domain alone, such as “@yahoo.com”. This will tell Gmail to approve every email from a Yahoo sender.
4. Click “Create filter” to approve the new filter, then mark “Never send to Spam” to whitelist every email within the filter. You can also choose to Star these emails, apply a given label, or mark them as important.
How to Whitelist an Email in Outlook
Whitelisting a domain or specific email address in Outlook.com is just as easy and works by adding the address or domain in question to a group called “safe senders”. An address that has been added to safe senders will be pushed to your inbox regardless of your spam filters. To add an address or domain to safe senders:
1. Click on “Settings”, then “View all Outlook settings”.
2. Go to “Junk email”, then choose “Safe senders and domains” or “Safe mailing lists” to select the domain or email you want to whitelist.
3. Enter the domain name or email address you wish to add to Safe senders. Make sure to include the @ character for domain names in order to only whitelist emails with the exact string of characters you entered (and nothing more).
Alternatively, you can simply add an individual email address that has sent you an email to your Outlook Contacts. Though they lead to the same result, this method is quicker and more efficient than manually entering information.
How to Whitelist an Email in Yahoo Mail
If you want to move a sender or domain name to your whitelist Yahoo Mail, the process is even easier than it is in the other email service providers mentioned above.
As long as you have already received at least one email from the address in question, all you have to do is highlight that message in the Bulk folder and mark it as Not Spam. Once you have identified a single email from a given sender, the Yahoo Mail spam filters will automatically allow future messages from the same address into your inbox.
On the other hand, if the person you’re attempting to whitelist hasn’t yet sent you an email, you’ll need to go through the following steps to whitelist the address:
1. Navigate to “Settings” icon, then click “More Settings” from the Yahoo Mail menu.
2. Select “Filters” and hit “Add” to enter information about the domain name or sender.
3. From here, you can enter any string of text you want to whitelist in future emails. This could be anything from an email address or domain name to something you expect to be in the body of the message.
Yahoo Mail makes it much easier to whitelist a domain name or email sender once they’ve already sent an email to you that’s located in your Bulk folder, so consider asking the person you’re trying to whitelist to send you a test email in advance.
1. What does it mean to whitelist an email?
An email whitelisted address is considered trustworthy, so all messages sent from it reach the inbox even if they contain suspicious links or attachments. Email whitelisting can help ensure that important messages from known senders don’t end up in the spam folder.
2. How to whitelist an email in the Gmail app?
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to whitelist Gmail or any other mail address in the Gmail app on Android or iOS, so you need to log in to Gmail in your web browser and whitelist the email address from there.
3. How to whitelist an email in Outlook?
There’s no Outlook whitelist. Instead, Outlook users can mark certain senders as safe, which effectively accomplishes the same thing as whitelisting does in other service providers.
4. Where to find a Gmail safe sender list?
In Gmail, you can find safe senders right along blocked mail addresses. Open the settings page and click Filters and Blocked Addresses. Look for safe mail addresses in the first section, which is titled “The following filters are applied to all incoming mail”.
5. Should I whitelist Yahoo Mail?
In Yahoo Mail, you can whitelist senders by creating mail filters or marketing individual messages as Not Spam. We recommend you add only the most trustworthy Yahoo Mail addresses to minimize the chance of spam entering your inbox.